NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term SECURITY EDUCATION Mid Term Test Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – HOME SECURITY
2. Meaning of Home Security
3. Home Security Tips
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the term – home security.
2. list home security tips.
The pupils can state some of the ways to ensure security at home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of home security devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Home security is the precautions taken at home to ensure safety of our lives and properties.
HOME SECURITY TIPS
The following are the security tips at home,
1. Look the doors and windows properly.
2. Check all doors and windows if they are properly locked.
3. Turn off all unused electrical appliances.
4. Keep valuable materials properly.
5. Know your neighbours very well.
6. Install burglary.
7. Install security cameras.
8. Inform your trusted neighbours if you are traveling.
9. Educate your children on security tips.
10. Stay safe always.
11. Call for help during emergency, etc.
LESSON 2 – REVISION
LESSON 3 – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class and available instructional materials.
3. Teacher guides pupils as groups or pairs to identify and state some of the security measures at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Learner analyze the importance of security tips at home.
4. Teacher listens to the pupils and uses their relevant responses to introduce the lesson.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of the lesson.
5. Teacher leads a discussion on the meaning of home security and tips to ensure security at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners explain the meaning of home security and tips to ensure security at home.
6. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board using appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Meaning of Office Security and Security Tips in the Office Primary 1 (Basic 1) Term 1 Week 9 Security Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of home security.
2. state 5 security tips at home.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ___________ is the precautions taken at home to ensure safety of our lives and properties.
A. Home security
B. Security gadgets
C. Security tools
2. Why should we know our neighbours very well?
A. To know if they can be trusted.
B. To suspect them.
C. To know if they are thieve.
3. Why should we inform our neighbours if we are travelling?
A. To keep them away from our home.
B. To keep eyes on our home.
C. To allow strangers in our home.
4. It is very important to lock our doors and windows properly at night or when we are not at home.
C. I don’t know
5. We can put our valuable items anywhere.
C. I don’t know