Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Home Security and Home Security Tips (Primary 1)
TOPIC – OFFICE SECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Office Security
3. Office Security Tips
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the term – office security.
2. list office security tips.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Office security devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to take you to the Head Teacher’s office. At the office to confirm their knowledge of what is office, ask the HM how can one keep the office safe? Make sure the pupils are paying attention to the Head Teacher’s office security tips, go back to the class and ask pupils to state office security tips.
MEANING OF OFFICE
Office is a place where business is run, setup or organised.
For example, Head Teacher’s office is an office.
Office security is the precautions taken in the office to ensure safety of office materials and equipment.
OFFICE SECURITY TIPS
1. Look the doors and windows properly.
2. Check all doors and windows if they are properly locked.
3. Turn off all unused electrical appliances.
4. Keep valuable materials properly.
5. Know your staff very well.
6. Install burglary.
7. Install security cameras.
8. Inform your staff if you will be absent.
9. Educate your staff on security tips.
10. Stay safe always.
11. Call for help during emergency, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss office security tips with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the uses of different security gadgets on their excursion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
State 3 office security tips.