Meaning of Office Security and Security Tips in the Office Primary 1 (Basic 1) Term 1 Week 9 Security Education
NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Home Security and Security Tips at Home Primary 1 (Basic 1) Term 1 Week 8 Security Education
TOPIC – OFFICE SECURITY
2. Meaning of of Office Security
3. Office Security Tips
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the term – office security.
2. list the office security tips.
The pupils can state some of the ways to ensure security at home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of office security devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Office is a place where business is run, setup or organized.
For example, Head Teacher’s office is an office.
Office security is the precautions taken in the office to ensure safety of office materials and equipment.
OFFICE SECURITY TIPS
1. Look the doors and windows properly.
2. Check all doors and windows if they are properly locked.
3. Turn off all unused electrical appliances.
4. Keep valuable materials properly.
5. Know your staff very well.
6. Install burglary.
7. Install security cameras.
8. Inform your staff if you will be absent.
9. Educate your staff on security tips.
10. Stay safe always.
11. Call for help during emergency, etc.
LESSON 2 – REVISION
LESSON 3 – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class and available instructional materials.
3. Teacher uses the concept of office security tips to guide the pupils as groups or pairs to identify and state some of the security measures at office. For the example, the Head Teacher Office.
Pupil’s Activities – Learner analyze the importance of security tips at the office.
4. Teacher listens to the pupils and uses their relevant responses to introduce the lesson.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of the lesson.
5. Teacher leads a discussion on the meaning of office security and tips to ensure security at the office.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners explain the meaning of home security and tips to ensure security at the office.
6. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board using appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Personal Security at Home, School and on the Roads Primary 1 (Basic 1 ) Term 1 Week 10 Security Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of office security.
2. state 5 security tips at the office.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ___________ is a place where business is run, setup or organized.
2. ___________ is the precautions taken in the office to ensure safety of office materials and equipment.
A. Office security
B. Security gadgets
C. Security tools
State 3 security tips at the office.