Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of First Aid (Primary 3)
TOPIC – FIRST AID
Objects Found in First Aid Box
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the items found in a first aid box.
First aid contents
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Resource persons such as the school nurse or Red Cross personnel
2. Real objects in the first aid box
4. Pupils’ textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
First aid is the immediate care and support give to someone who is injured or sicked.
MEANING OF FIRST AID BOX
A first aid box is a collection of supplies and equipment that is used to give medical treatment.
OBJECTS FOUND IN FIRST AID BOX
3. Pain relieve tablets
5. Cotton wool
7. Izal, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the earning of first aid box.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Shows the contents of a First Aid Box to pupils and lets the pupils identify each of the contents of first aid box.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify content of first aid box.
4. Guides and lets the pupils state the uses of each materials in first box.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of first aid materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the questions.
1. ________________________ is the first assistant given before the emergency services arrived.
List 5 first aid box and its contents.
State the uses of first aid materials listed above in 2 – 5.