Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Objects Found in the First Box (Primary 3)
TOPIC – FIRST AID
Simple First Aid Treatments
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify the items found in a first aid box.
2. describe how simple first aid could be applied to one of those injured.
First aid contents
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Resource persons such as the school nurse or Red Cross personnel
2. Real objects in the first aid box
4. Pupils’ textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
First aid is the immediate care and support give to someone who is injured or slicked. The person that administer first aid is called first aider.
A first aid box is a collection of supplies and equipment that is used to give medical treatment. Scissors, bandage, pain relieve tablets, cotton wool, etc. are items found inside first aid box.
SIMPLE FIRST AID TREATMENT
1. Clean the wound with antiseptic.
2. Cover with plaster or bandage.
3. Administer pills as recommended by doctors, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to suggest ways to assist an accident victim.
Pupil’s Activities – Give examples of ways to help an accident victim.
3. Directs pupils to inquire from home how cuts or burns are treated.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how cuts or burns are treated.
4. Invites a nurse/dispenser to give a talk on first aid treatment.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Identify five objects found in a first aid box.
2. Describe how simple first aid can be applied to one of those injured.