Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Dangers – Eating Contaminated Foods (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Intake of Fake Drugs
3. Danger of taking Fake Drugs
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and explain fake drug.
2. understand the danger of taking fake drugs.
Safety and precautions
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ textbooks.
2. Chart showing fake drugs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Drugs are any substance other than food which when taken can change the body function. Drugs can be inform of liquid (toxic, injections, creams or drips), solid (tables) and gas (inhalers).
Some drugs are used for treatment, prevention or cure for sickness or diseases. But some drugs are fake drugs and they are dangers.
Fake drugs intake is one of the source of dangers in our community.
MEANING OF FAKE DRUG
A fake drug is a drug that is not what it claims to be and is intended to mislead the consumer.
DANGERS OF TAKING FAKE DRUGS
1. Running stomach
3. Weaken body
7. Increase the body temperature
8. Increase or decrease the blood pressure
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of fake drugs.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain fake drugs.
3. Discusses the dangers of taking fake drugs.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer teacher’s questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of fake drugs.
2. state 5 effects of fake drugs.