Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of Security Agencies – Civic Defence Crops (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
1. Identification of Security Agencies – ICPC
2. Duties of ICPC
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies(ICPC) and their primary duties.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing ICPC.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ICPC means Independence Corrupt Practice Commission.
DUTIES/FUNCTIONS OF ICPC
1. Check corruption especially in public life. Install discipline in public life;
2. Enforce due process in all government transactions;m;
3. Check bribery in public life;
4.bEnsure professional discipline and ethnics.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of ICPC.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of ICPC.
3. Organise excursion visits to the nearest ICPC within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the nearest ICPC office within their environment.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe ICPC.
2. state 5 duties of ICPC.