Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Body Makeup – Local Materials Used for Body Makeup (Primary 1)
TOPIC – COLOUR
1. Primary Colour
2. National Colour
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify different colours.
2. collect materials of different colour.
Red, black, blue, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Containers of various colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF COLOUR
Pupil’s Expected Response
Teacher’s remark – Colour is the appearance of things in a unique reflection.
Pupil’s Activities – Identification of Primary Colours
Pupil’s Expected Response – Colour Red, Green and Blue.
Teacher’s remark – Red, Green and Blue are Primary Colours.
Pupil’s Activities – Identification of National Colours
Pupil’s Expected Response – This is Nigerian Flag. It has Green and White Colours.
Teacher’s Remark – CORRECT. Other Colours are found in other national symbols.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses the colour chart to guide pupils to identify colours.
3. Gives pupils different materials to identify different colours.
4. Separates colours using ‘lego’ materials with different colours for modeling.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify colours of objects provided by teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Identify and list five colours.
2. Identify and list National Colours