Last Updated on July 21, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination
TOPIC – COLOURING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Functional Art Works
3. Uses of Functional Art Works
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention several functional art works.
2. state the uses functional art works.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures, real functional Art works, pencils, crayons, drawing books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WEEK 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Pupil’s Activities – Examine and Identify the following objects
Teacher’s remarks – The objects identified are known as Functional Art Works.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out 10 functional art works in your community.
MEANING OF FUNCTIONAL ART WORKS
Functional Art Works are beautiful and useful things designed for some of needs.
Examples of functional art works include walking stick, cups, pots and carved chairs.
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to state the uses of functional art works.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Mentions several functional art works.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher mentioning different functional art works.
3. Displays different art works.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the displays by the teacher.
4. Asks pupils to state the uses of functional art works.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of functional art works.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 functional art works.
2. state the uses of the mentioned functional art works.