Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – DRAWING
1. Introductory Environment
2. Things found in the Environment
3. Care for the Environment
4. Drawing things found within the Environment
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe their environment.
2. list the things in their environment.
3. care for their environment.
4. draw things observed within the environment.
Drawing and Colours
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Picture of the environment, trees, grasses, roads, animals, flowers, pencils, colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Takes the pupils outside the class to draw things found within or around them.
Pupil’s Activities – Drawing one thing around you.
Pupil’s Expected Drawings – Flower, car, house, tree, etc.
Teacher’s remark – The flower, car, house, tree, etc. are things found in the environment. Writes some of the things drawn by the pupils on the board.
THINGS FOUND IN THE ENVIRONMENT
4. Animals, etc.
MEANING OF ENVIRONMENT
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – What is Environment?
Environment is the physical physical surrounding we live.
Environment is everything that is found within the area or society.
This includes houses, bridges, churches, mosques, schools, hospitals and markets.
CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrates how to care for the environment.
1. Proper disposal of waste.
2. Proper use of the toilet/urinary.
3. Provision of wastes bins.
4. Allowing drains to flow.
5. Clearing a weeping round our surrounding.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of the environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Explains the meaning of the environment.
3. Displays picture of a clean environment.
4. Lists things found in the environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and list the things found in the environment.
5. Explains how to care for the environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list things in the environment.
2. draw and colour few things in a clean environment.