Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPT IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Dangerous and Harmful Plants (Primary 1)
TOPIC – LOCAL FARM ANIMALS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Local Farm Animals
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
Identify local farms animals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of various farm animals.
2. Live specimens of animals (where available).
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays a chart showing local farm animals or take the pupils to the nearest farm animals for them to identify different animal’s farms.
LOCAL FARM ANIMALS
9. Pig, etc.
The above animals are known as farm animals and also called domestic animals.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Helps pupils identify some farm animals e.g. fish, chicken, goats, rabbit, pig, cow, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify some farm animals e.g. fish, chicken, sheep, goats, cow, etc.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mark all local farm animals on the chart.
2. name 5 local farm animals.