Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPT IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Local Farm Animals (Primary 1)
TOPIC – TYPES OF LOCAL FARM ANIMALS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Classes of Animals based on where they live
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Name some local farm animals.
2. Classify farm animals into land and water living.
Domestic and wild animals
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of various farm animals.
2. Live specimens of animals (where available).
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing farm animals for pupils to identify.
LOCAL FARM ANIMALS
9. Pig, etc.
HOME OF FARM ANIMALS
Teacher’s Activities – Guides pupils to identify and mention animals that live on land and inside water.
1. Land –
2. Water –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Helps pupils identify some farm animals e.g. fish, chicken, goats, rabbit, pig, cow, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify some farm animals e.g. fish, chicken, sheep, goats, cow, etc.
3. Guides pupils to classify the animals into land and water living.
Pupil’s Activities – Classify given animals into land and water living.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Name five farm animals.
2. Group the farm animals into land and water living.