Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Sewing Machine (Primary 4)
TOPIC: THE SEWING MACHINE
1. Threading different Types of Needle
2. Practical Work on Threading of Different Types of Needles to Sew Fabrics
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. identify different types of needle.
2. threading different types of needle to sew fabric.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Sample or chart different kinds of sewing machine.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
A sewing machine is a machine used to stitch fabric and other materials together with thread.
SEWING MACHINE NEEDLE
A sewing machine needle is a special needle use for a sewing machine.
TYPES OF NEEDLE
1. Sharp Needle
2. Short Needle
3. Crewel Needle
4. Machine Needle
LESSON TWO – PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION ON THREADING OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF NEEDLE TO SEW FABRICS
Practical Work on Threading of Different Types of Needles to Sew Fabrics
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss different types and uses of sewing machine needles with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the discussion.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate threading different types of needles to sew fabrics.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – The uses and care of sewing machine.
1. state 4 types of sewing machine needle.
2. state the uses of each needle mentioned in question 1.
3. demonstrate threading different types of needles to sew fabrics.