Last Updated on November 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Proper Ways of Caring for Hands and Feet Clean (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE MOUTH, TEETH AND TONGUE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Functions of Mouth, Teeth and Tongue
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the functions of the mouth, teeth and tongue.
The mouth, the teeth and the tongue
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A chart showing mouth, teeth and tongue and cleaning materials.
2. Some materials for cleaning the teeth and tongue e.g. chewing stick, brush, toothpaste , personal cups.
3. Pictures of a child with clean teeth and another child with dirty teeth.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays a chart showing mouth, teeth and tongue for the pupils to identify and show you their mouth, teeth and tongue.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and should their mouth, teeth and tongue.
Teacher’s Activities – Guide the pupils to state the functions or uses of mouth, teeth and tongue.
FUNCTIONS OF THE MOUTH, TEETH AND TONGUE
1. The mouth is used for talking, singing and eating or receiving food.
2. The teeth are used for cutting, tearing and grinding food.
3. The tongue is used for tasting and chewing. It is also used for speaking.
WEEK 10 – Preparatory Activities
Tell pupils to bring materials for cleaning the teeth and tongue.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to state the uses of mouth, teeth and mouth.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of mouth, teeth and mouth.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to the following questions.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
1. __________________ is used for receiving foods.
2. __________________ is used for chewing foods.
3. __________________ is used for grinding foods.
4. __________________ is used for talking and singing.
5. __________________ is used for tasting.