THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Home Economics (Primary 1)
TOPIC – EXERCISE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Exercise
3. Advantages of Exercises
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of exercises.
2. state the advantages of exercise.
Jogging, Hopping, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Materials for doing some exercises e.g. sportswear.
2. Pictures or chart showing people doing some exercises.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Lead the pupils to perform simple basic exercise to enable them recognise the activities they performing. Ask the pupils, what are we doing?
Pupil’s Activities – we are exercising our body.
Teacher’s Remark – Give a cheer for active participation, write on the board and explain the meaning and advantages of exercise.
MEANING OF EXERCISES
Exercises are planned physical activities that you do in order to stay fit and healthy.
ADVANTAGES (USES) OF EXERCISES
1. It boosts energy.
2. It promotes better sleep.
3. It improves the quality of life.
4. It boosts the immune system.
5. It controls weight.
6. It is good for muscle and bones.
7. It reduces the risk of heart attack,cancer, etc.
8. It improves sexual health (of point for the kids).
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the meaning of exercise.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion and state the meaning of exercise.
3. States and explain the advantages of exercise.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and state the advantages of exercise.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
1. ___________________ is planned physical activities that you do in order to stay fit and healthy.
B. Exercise book
C. Big note
2. Exercises are planned physical activities that you do in order to stay ___________________.
B. Fit and unhealthy
C. Fit and healthy
3. Exercise boosts energy.
4. Exercise promotes better sleep.
5. Exercise does not improves the quality of life.
6. Explain meaning of exercise.
List 2 uses of exercises.