Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Heathy Living – Meaning and Advantages of Exercises (Primary 2)
TOPIC – EXERCISE
1. Introductory Activities – Exercise
2. Types of Exercise
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of exercises.
2. describe the activities performed as exercises.
3. explain the uses of exercises.
4. take an exercise.
Jogging, Hopping, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Materials for doing some exercises e.g. sportswear.
2. Pictures or chart showing people doing some exercises.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Brings pictures of people taking exercise to class. Name and leads the pupils to practice some of these exercises.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the exercise.
Teacher’s remark – Give a cheer for active participation. Tell the pupils, there different types of exercise and write on the board.
TYPES OF EXERCISES
5. Press up
6. Sit up, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Brings pictures of people taking exercise to class.
With the aid of pictures of pupils identify different types of exercises.
3. Describes different types of exercises.
Pupil’s Activities – State the different types of exercises.
4. Demonstrates different types of exercise.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice some simple exercises.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to describe and demonstrate the following types of practice –
5. Press up
6. Sit up.