Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – CLEANING OF KITCHEN AND FOOD STORE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Kitchen
3. Reasons for Cleaning the Kitchen and store
4. Materials Needed for Cleaning the Kitchen and Stores
5. Care for Kitchen and store Room
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name different types of kitchen and stores.
2. state reasons for cleaning kitchens and food stores.
3. work in clean kitchen and stores.
4. form the habit of keeping kitchen and store tidy.
Kitchen and Store
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Water, soap, broom, dust pan, detergent, etc.
2. Pictures of traditional food stores and kitchen.
3. Pictures of modern kitchens and food stores.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state different types of rooms. Also, asks them to discuss kitchen as one of the functional rooms.
Listen to the pupils and notes their points on the board.
MEANING OF KITCHEN AND STORES
A kitchen is a functional room used for cooking and food preparation for private public or commercial purposes.
A store is an extension of kitchen where foodstuffs are stored.
TYPES OF KITCHEN AND FOOD STORES
1. Traditional Kitchen and Food Store
2. Modern Kitchen and Food Store
REASONS FOR CLEANING KITCHENS AND FOOD STORES
1. To make work easy and enjoyable.
2. To prevent accidents in the kitchen.
3. To prevent the floor from slippery.
4. To prevent pests, germs, insects and diseases.
5. To prevent bad odour.
6. To keep the kitchen tidy.
7. To prevent fatigue.
CARE FOR THE KITCHEN AND STORES
1. Daily and weekly cleaning
3. Removing cobwebs
5. Washing kitchen utensils with soap and clean water.
6. Mob the wet floor.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR KITCHEN HYGIENE
5. Head – tie
7. Floor cloth
8. Mop bucket
11. Scrubbing brush
12. Long and short broom
13. Dust pan
14. Trash bin
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses types of kitchen and food stores.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and discuss different types of kitchen and store.
3. Discusses reasons for cleanliness in the kitchen and the food stores.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss reasons for cleaning kitchens and food stores.
4. Demonstrates processes of cleaning kitchen and food stores.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the cleaning kitchen and food store.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention the different the types of kitchens and food stores.
2. give reasons for keeping kitchen and food store tidy.
3. practice cleaning and tidying kitchen and food store.