SPEECH WORK AND WRITING
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Dialogue Further Practice in Excusing, Possibility, Obligations, Permission, etc. (Primary 4) and Making Sentences from the Table (Primary 4)
TOPIC – ORAL COMPOSITION – NARRATIVE (DESCRIPTION)
1. A Visit to my Village
2. An Interesting Experience ______________
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. narrate the highlights of “a visit to my village”.
2. narrate a story.
3. describe how things are been done or a place, e.g “my father’s house” and,
4. pick out important features in any event with emphasis on time, place, occasion and significance.
Listening and speaking
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Text books showing various events.
2. Video clips of events.
3. Real objects to describe how things are done.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. Narrating an interesting experience with the following –
- ” My first day in school”.
2. Describing places or how things are done –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. leads discussions dramatization based on “a visit to my village” or an interesting experience in my school” or any descriptive topic.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe their memorable days individually.
3. Organizes out of class activities to visit places of interest and asks the pupils to narrate or describe their experiences.
Pupil’s Activities – Narrate some events they witnessed or Describe their memorable days individually.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe some events accurately and
2. narrate interesting experiences they have witnessed.