Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SPEECH WORK AND STRUCTURE
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification of Person, Objects, Colours and Animals (Primary 1)
TOPIC – COUNTING NUMBERS IN WORDS
1 — 5
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. count 1 – 5 in words.
2. match numbers with appropriate words.
Reading and counting
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing numbers in words.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. Counting numbers from 1 — 5
2. Counting numbers from 1 — 5 in words
3. Match the number with correct word.
4. Match the word with the correct number.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to count numbers from 1 – 5 in words.
Pupil’s Activities – Count numbers from 1 – 5 in words.
3. Spell each number in word for the pupils to state the corresponding number in figure. For example, two stands for _______?
Pupil’s Activities – Match the number with correct word.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to count 1 – 5 in words.