THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PHONEMIC AWARENESS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. produce and identify basic sounds correctly.
2. distinguish the sounds of the different letters of the alphabet correctly and
3. reproduce the sounds of letters of the alphabet.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Flash cards/Alphabet charts
4. Real objects
5. Tape recording/ sound charts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS SOUNDS OF LETTERS
Production of basic sounds in given words correctly –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Presents and pronounces basic sounds correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Produce sounds and pronounce letters correctly.
3. Presents and pronounces letters of the alphabet correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s pronunciation of letters of the alphabet.
4. Guides pupils to distinguish sounds of different alphabets correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify sounds of given alphabets.
5. Guides pupils to pronounce the letters of the alphabet correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Reproduce sounds of letters.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. pronounce sounds of the letters of the alphabet correctly and
2. identify letters and sounds in given words.