Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SONGS AND RHYMES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. read simple rhymes fluently.
2. memorize the rhyme after discussing the content.
3. learn sounds through songs and
4. recite rhymes using the appropriate intonations.
Songs and Rhymes
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Wall chart showing the rhyme.
2. Flash card showing the key words in the rhymes.
3. Approved course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS SONGS AND RHYMES
1. Rhymes based on some virtues –
2. Songs that can help the pupil to learn sounds in words.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Read the rhyme(s) slowly (several times) to the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher.
3. Demonstrate the action involved in the rhymes.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the rhymes aloud together, in group and individually.
4. Explain the message in the rhyme to the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
5. Teach relevant songs to the pupils involving particular sounds.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Sing the song with emphasis on the sounds taught.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read simple rhymes correctly and
2. sing song to emphasize some given sounds.