THEME – GRAMMAR
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 3)
TOPIC – READING CHARTS, DIAGRAMS, CALENDARS, ETC. TO OBTAIN INFORMATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. read information on charts, diagrams, calendars, etc.
2. obtain information from charts, diagrams and calendars.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Course book
3. Relevant charts, diagrams, graphs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Reading to obtain information from –
1. charts –
- calendar showing important events such as children’s day,
2. diagrams –
- school’s plan showing school’s building,
3. graphs –
- class register showing the pupils detail’s information.
4. calendars – calendar showing important events such as
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows pupils relevant charts, graphs, diagrams, calendars etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe charts, graphs, diagrams, calendars presented by teacher.
3. Illustrates to pupils how information can be obtained from the above.
4. Asks questions and guides pupils to find answers to them from the charts, graphs, diagrams, calendars etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Answer teacher’s questions individually, in pairs or in groups.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read charts, diagrams, graphs, calendars etc.
2. answer questions on charts, diagrams, graphs and calendars.