THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – OUTPUT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer Monitor and Printer
3. Description of Computer Monitor and Printer
4. Uses of Computer Monitor and Printer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and describe the computer monitor and printer.
2. state the uses of computer monitor and printer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Computer monitor and printer or chart showing monitor and printer.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer system (if available) for the pupils to identify computer monitor and printer as output device.
Guides the pupils to printer document or images show on the monitor.
Then, ask them to describe a computer monitor and printer. Listen and note their points.
MEANING OF COMPUTER MONITOR
A computer monitor is an output device that displays information in pictorial form.
USES OF COMPUTER MONITOR
The main uses of computer monitors is to display information or data in image or video.
MEANING OF COMPUTER PRINTER
A Computer Printer is an output device that allows a user to print items on paper, such as letters and pictures.
USES OF COMPUTER PRINTER
1. It is used for printing a text.
2. It is used for printing an image – photo.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system for pupils to identify computer monitor and printer as input device.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe computer monitor and printer.
3. Leads pupils to use computer monitor and printer as stated above.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Observe teacher’s activity.
- Print a document or image as shown on the monitor.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe computer monitor and printer as an input device.
2. state the features of computer monitor and printer.
3. print a document or image as shown on the monitor.