RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Causes of Common Illnesses like Dysentery or Diarrhoea (Primary 3)
TOPIC – COMMON ILLNESS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Prevention of Common Illnesses in the Community
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention ways of preventing common illnesses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of clean environment.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Based on the previous week’s assignment, ask each group the pupils to state how to prevent common illness in the community and note their points on the board.
PREVENTION OF COMMON ILLNESSES
1. Cleaning of one’s environment.
2. Eating balanced diet.
3. Regular medical checkup.
4. Avoid taken drugs with doctor’s prescription.
5. Uses drugs as prescribed.
6. Wash your hands before eating.
7. Wash fruits before eating.
9. Eat well cooked food.
10. Dispose waste properly.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to find out how common illnesses can be prevented in the community.
3. Uses guided questions to generate more ways of preventing common illnesses.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out ways of preventing common illnesses from the community and report to the class.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
mention three ways of preventing common illnesses.