Last Updated on October 10, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC MOVEMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Movement of Our Body – Match Pass, Jogging and Galloping (Primary 2)
TOPIC – MOVEMENT OF OUR BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Movement of Our Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. demonstrate correct movement patterns of skipping and squatting.
2. perform basic movement such as skipping and squatting.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Talking drums
6. Textbooks, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Takes the pupils outside of the classroom, with the school’s compound to practice, demonstrate and perform patterns of movement such as –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains and demonstrate the basic skills in skipping and squatting.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
3. Supervises and correct demonstration by pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe teachers demonstration.
4. Demonstrate skills involved in skipping and squatting.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the basic skills taught.
5. Supervises the pupils and make corrections.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice skipping and squatting.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
perform the skill of skipping and squatting.