CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Prayer (Primary 2)
TOPIC – THINGS TO PRAY FOR
1. Introductory Activities
2. Recite the Lord’s Prayer
3. Things to Pray for
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
make a list of things to pray for.
The Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing things to pray for.
Bible Reading – James 2:7
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state things to pray for.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Food, Money, Protection, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Summarize the pupil’s points as stated below –
THINGS TO PRAYER FOR
1. Wisdom and understanding
10. Holy Spirit
11. Fruit of the Holy Spirit or Gift of the Holy Spirit
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify and state things to pray for.
Pupil’s Activities – State things to pray for.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. recite the Lord’s Prayer
2. mention 5 things to pray for.