Last Updated on October 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Importance (Advantages) of Civic Education (Primary 2)
TOPIC – CIVIC EDUCATION
1. Introductory Activities
2. Topics Learnt in Primary 1
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention topics learnt in primary 1 civil education.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of a democratic activity and citizens performing some civic responsibilities in a democracy e.g. senate in session and people voting and campaign.
Video clips on democratic activities.
Video clips, posters and pictures of public health enlightenment campaigns.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Revision on meaning of Civic Education.
Civic Education is a subject that teaches us our duties and responsibilities in the community.
In civil education, we learn our duties towards the government and our community. We also learn the duties of the government to towards us.
TOPICS LEARNT IN PRIMARY 1 CIVIC EDUCATION
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Revision on All Lesson Learnt in Primary 1
1. Meaning of Civic Education and Why We Study Civic Education
2. The Schools
3. The Home
4. The Media
5. Other ways through which Civic Education can be Important
6. Rights and Duties of Citizens
7. Public Enlightenment Campaign – HIV/AIDS Education and Drug Abuse
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads discussion on previous class – Civic Education (Primary 1).
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 5 topics learnt in primary 1 civic education.