Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – NUMBER WORK
PREVIOUS LESSON – Interaction of Numbers with Objects or Part of the Body – Show and Tell (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – INTERACTION OF NUMBERS WITH ENVIRONMENT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Songs and Rhymes on Numbers 1 – 5
3. Interaction of Numbers with their Environment – Show and Tell
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. smile and learn.
2. play and use materials in the environment.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Toys with numbers 1 – 5
2. Objects in the Environment
3. Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – SHOW AND TELL – INTERACTION WITH THEIR IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT
Teacher’s Activities – Start with show and tell – Identification of Toys of animals, car, ball, tree, radio, phone, television, etc.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Repeat after the teacher.
LESSON 2 – INTERACTION OF NUMBERS WITH THEIR ENVIRONMENT
Teacher’s Activities – Show and Tell on a trip within the school environment to be accomplish with other staff depending on the size of the class for children safety.
Teacher – Number 1
Children repeat after the teacher – 1 House
Teacher – Number 2
Children repeat after the teacher – 2 Apples
Teacher – Number 3
Children repeat after the teacher – 3 Cars
Teacher – Number 4
Children repeat after the teacher – 4 Balls
Teacher – Number 5
Children repeat after the teacher – 5 Birds
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows and tells with gesture or expression.
Pupil’s Activities – imitate the teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. play with toy with label numbers 1 – 5.
2. play and use materials in environment.