PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
TOPIC – POLLINATION
1. Meaning of Noise Pollution
2. Causes of Noise Pollution
3. Prevention of Noise Pollution
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the meaning of noise pollution.
2. state the causes of noise pollution.
3. explain how to prevent noise pollution.
Street parties, fighting, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts showing big speakers
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
When we make water, land (class) and air (rising dust or noise making) is called pollution.
Pollution is anything that makes our environment dirty and unhealthy.
Noise pollution is one of the types of pollution caused by unpleasant sound.
Noise pollution is a pollution caused by unpleasant sound.
CAUSES OF NOISE POLLUTION
Unpleasant sounds are known as noise pollution. And they caused by sound from
2. Loud music
5. Street fighting
6. Street parties or clubs
7. Pupils in the classroom
PREVENTION OF NOISE POLLUTION
1. Market areas should be well planned and organized.
2. Music should not be too loud.
3. Industries should be located away from residents
4. Generators should be properly service.
5. Call the police to control the street fighting.
6. Parties should be hold in the halls.
7. Classroom should be properly managed.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning noise pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and state the causes of noise pollution.
3. Assist the pupils in describing ways of preventing noise pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Engage in the various ways of preventing noise pollution.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. Noise pollution is one of the types of pollution caused by ____________________ sound.
2. ____________________ pollution is a pollution caused by unpleasant sound.
C. Street fighting
Mention 3 causes of noise pollution.
State 3 ways of preventing noise pollution.