Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – NUMBER WORK
PREVIOUS LESSON – Songs and Rhymes on Numbers 1 – 5 (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – INTERACTION OF NUMBERS WITH OBJECTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Songs and Rhymes on Numbers 1 – 5
3. Interaction of Numbers with Objects – Show and Tell
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. smile and learn.
2. play with toy with label numbers 1 – 5.
3. interaction of numbers with their objects.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Toys with numbers 1 – 5
2. Enough sweets or biscuits
3. Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – SHOW AND TELL – PART OF THE BODY
Teacher’s Activities – Start with show and tell – Identification of part of the body and things in the classroom.
For example, my head, my eyes, my nose, my chair, etc. with gesture or expression for the children to able to express as they identify.
LESSON 2 – INTERACTION OF NUMBERS WITH OBJECTS OR PARTS OF THE BODY
Teacher’s Activities – Show and Tell
Teacher – Number 1
One Nose and One Sweet
Children repeat after the teacher – One Head
Teacher – Number 2
Two Eyes and Two Sweets
Children repeat after the teacher – Two Eyes
Teacher – Number 3
Children repeat after the teacher – Three Sweets
Teacher – Number 4
Children repeat after the teacher – Four Balls
Teacher – Number 5
Children repeat after the teacher – Five Finger
Note – Don’t the children to say or repeat after you. All you need is their attentions. Once you get their attention, you will amaze about what they do on, during or after the lesson. Bring enough sweets to share after the lesson, if possible.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows and tells with gesture or expression.
Pupil’s Activities – imitate the teacher as he/she’s singing.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. play with toy with label numbers 1 – 5.
2. sing or repeat after teacher as he/she sing songs or recite rhymes on numbers 1 – 5.