THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Food and Examples of Foods Eaten by Animals (Primary 1)
TOPIC – FOOD EATEN BY PEOPLE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Food
3. Food Eating People
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state what food is.
2. give examples of local food items.
3. mention foods eaten by people.
Rice, beans, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Posters, Charts and samples of various local food items.
2. Samples and charts of various items eaten by animals.
3. Pictorial display of animal grazing on pasture.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils about the food eaten this morning and why do we eat? Listen to the pupils and also ask them to state foods eaten by people.
EXAMPLES OF LOCAL FOOD ITEMS FOR PEOPLE
Foods are items eaten by people and animals in order to live and stay healthy.
6. Guinea corn, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of food.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some of their local food items.
3. Mention some food items animals feed on in their homes.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some food items people feed on in their homes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and First Term Examination
1. State what food is.
2. Name 5 local foodstuffs.
3. List 5 food items eaten by people in their homes.