THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – CARE AND USES OF CLOTHES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Clothing
3. How to Care of Clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the uses of clothing.
2. explain how to take care of clothes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Different clothes made from different fabrics.
2. Laundry materials e.g. soap. Water basin, detergent, etc.
3. Electric iron, charcoal iron.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state the benefits of wearing clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – State uses of clothes.
Teacher’s remark – Notes their points on the board and guides the pupils through other activities.
USES OF CLOTHES
Clothing are used –
1. For beautifying the body.
2. For keeping the body warm.
3. For protecting body from dirt and infection.
4. For protecting the body against harsh weather.
CARE OF CLOTHES
We care care for our clothes by –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the uses of clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Demonstrates washing and ironing of small handkerchief.
Pupil’s Activities – Help teachers assemble clothes and cleaning materials.
4. Displays laundry materials, charcoal and electric iron and explain their uses.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice washing small clothing items and spread them to dry, iron, washed, fabrics.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state 2 reasons for ironing of clothes.
2. mention 3 things used for keeping clothes clean.
3. wash small clothing items.
4. clean and tidy work area.
5. state 3 uses of clothes.