Last Updated on January 4, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Group Plants According to their Common Features Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – COMMON USES OF PLANTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Common Plants
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe common uses of plants.
2. group plants according to their uses.
Uses of Common Plants
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Specimen of local plants.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Through class discussion, guides pupils to state the uses of plants.
Pupil’s responses – Participate actively in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Record the points of discussion on the board and celebrate active participation.
On board, copy as I write.
COMMON USES OF PLANTS IN THE LOCALITY
Plants are very useful to man because a lot of food we eat come from plants and make many things out of plants.
Plants are very useful in many ways:
1. Plants are used as food for people.
2. Plants are used as food for animals.
3. Plants are used as medicinal uses.
4. Plants are used for building houses, schools, hospitals, etc.
5. Plants are used for beatification and decoration.
6. Plants are used making furniture.
7. Plants are used for shade
8. Plants are sold to make money.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Through class discussion, guides pupils to state the uses of plants
Pupil’s Activities – Group plants according to their uses.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher write s.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to state 3 uses of plants.