Last Updated on January 7, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – ICT Devices – Uses of Fax Machines Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – PARTS OF COMMON ICT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Examples of ICT Devices
3. Parts of Common ICT Devices
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify parts of common IT devices.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Common ICT Devices
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
MID TERM TEST
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the previous lessons, guide the pupils to identify parts of common ICT devices.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the activities.
Teacher’s remark – Parts of Common ICT Devices are the screen and keypad. Ask the pupils to discuss the uses of screen and keyboard. Participate in the pupil’s discussion and note the points on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
PARTS OF COMMON ICT DEVICES
USES OF SCREEN
Screen is a visual part of common device that –
1. displays information in pictorial form.
2. make it possible to operate inbuilt keypad.
USES OF KEYPAD
The keypad is a parts of common ICT Devices that contains numbers (0 – 9), letters (A – Z) and special characters.
Keypad enables user to –
1. dial a number.
2. receive a phone call.
3. send messages.
4. store information with specific characters.
LESSON 2 – PRACTICAL USE OF KEYPAD
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guide the pupils to operate GSM and smartphone keypads.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify parts of common IT devices.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention parts of common IT devices.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to identify the common parts of ICT devices.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ displays information in pictorial form.
2. Screen is a _______________ part of common device.
3. _______________ is like computer keyboard.
A. receives and sends
B. sends and receives
C. receiving and sending
4. Fax machine supports businesses for effective _______________.
8. To dial a number, you press _______________ button.
9. To stop a call, you press _______________ button.
10. Numbers are used for _______________ while letters are used for _______________.
A. dialing, designing
B. dialing, recording
C. dialing, messaging