Last Updated on January 28, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Community Leaders Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – COMMUNITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Roles of Community Leaders
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention duties of community leaders.
The pupils can identify their community leaders and state some of their roles.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ textbooks
4. Video clips
5. Drama of different communities
6. Members of the class.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Discuss the roles of the community leaders based on the the pupil’s findings (assignment).
Pupil’s Activities – Report their findings back to the class.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for reporting. Note the points of discussion on the board.
ROLES OF COMMUNITY LEADERS
The community leader are responsible for:
1. peace making,
2. settlement of disputes,
3. ensuring peace,
4. organizing community work,
5. link between government and the community,
6. appreciate and reward,
7. cooperation among members of their community,
8. development of their community,
9. creating job opportunity, etc.
LESSON 2 – DRAMATIZE THE ROLES OF COMPUTER LEADERS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guide the pupils to demonstrate the roles of community and how to carry it out.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explain the roles of community leaders and how to carry it out.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to explanation and ask questions.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
Find out from their parents the qualities of the community leaders and report back to the class.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to mention 4 roles of community leaders.