Last Updated on June 10, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (SSS 1)
THEME: BASIC CONCEPTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Agricultural Science Plan Lesson Notes for Senior Secondary Schools – SSS 1
TOPIC – PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
1. Problems of Agricultural Development in Nigeria
2. Solutions to the Problems of Agricultural Development in Nigeria
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives –
1. Identify and discuss various problems of agricultural development in Nigeria.
2. State possible solutions to the identified problems.
The students can understand the concept of agriculture.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of illustrative charts.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. National Curriculum SSS Classes
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
1. Problem of land tenure system.
2. Inadequate basic amenities.
3. Insufficient of finance.
4. Poor of transportation.
5. Poor storage and processing facility.
6. Lack of agricultural education and extension.
7. High cost of tools and machinery
8. Insufficient farm inputs
9. Poor marketing system
10. Poor environmental degradation.
11. Natural disasters.
12. Inadequate research.
13. Illiteracy and ignorance, etc.
THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA
1. Amendment of land tenure system.
2. Provision of basic amenities.
3. Provision of credit facilities to farmers.
4. Improvement of transportation systems.
5. Provision modern storage facilities.
6. In – service training for the farmers.
7. Subside the cost of tools and machinery.
8. Provision of improve farm input.
9. Improving agricultural marketing.
10. Control of erosion.
11. Funding of agricultural research.
12. Continuous in-service training for farmers.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Guides students to identify and discuss the problems of agricultural development in Nigeria.
Student’s Activities – Identify and discuss the problems problems of agricultural development in Nigeria.
3. Guides to identify and discuss possible solutions to problems of agriculture they have identified.
Student’s Activities – Identify and discuss possible solutions to problems of agriculture they have identified.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. State ten (10) problems of agricultural development in Nigeria.
2. Discuss at least eight (8) of the stated problems.
3. Suggest possible solutions to the problems.