Last Updated on June 11, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS – SSS 1
Answer all questions.
1. An avenue in which information are transmitted from a source to a large number of people through a medium is known as _____________.
(d) the press
2. A free press occurs when the media are not controlled by the _____________ and powerful members of the society.
3. The universal declaration of human rights (UDHR) was ratified by _____________ countries.
4. The league of Nations was established in the year _____________.
5. All are the seven core freedom of the UDHR except _____________.
(a) right to a peaceful assembly
(b) right to fair hearing
(c) freedom from discrimination
(d) right to vote and be voted for
6. It is the statutory duty of the _____________ to implement the laws.
7. Cultism in Nigerian institutions began in the year _____________.
8. _____________ is defined as the right to use power.
9. While at the federal level the executive president is the Head, _____________ is the Head of a local government in Nigeria.
(a) presidential chairman
(b) senatorial counselor
(c) cabinet representative
(d) executive chairman
10. The first world war began in _____________ and ended in _____________.
(a) 2009 – 2013
(b) 1999 – 2003
(c) 1814 – 1819
(d) 1914 – 1918
11. The only African country that rejected the ratification of the universal declaration of human rights was _____________.
12. _____________ is referred to as Nigeria’s father of nationalism.
13._____________ is defined as those behaviours exhibited by humans which do not cause harm on the society.
14. The type of law that is concerned with crimes and its punishment is _____________.
15. A group of people united by common descent and ties who also have similar things in common such as language, customs etc is called _____________.
16. Apart from the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, the others are called _____________.
17. Democracy as an ancient form of government, originated from _____________.
18. A document which allows an individual entry or exit to a country is _____________.
19. Those institutions that act as the backbone concepts of a country which makes democracy survives are referred to as _____________.
20. Members of the armed forces are _____________, _____________ and _____________.
Answer four (4) questions in all.
Question one is compulsory.
A. Give a brief history of the Universal declaration of human rights.
B. State the major reason why South Africa refused to ratify the UDHR agreement .
C. State the meaning of the seven core freedoms. Highlight these freedoms.
A. What is democracy as defined by Abraham Lincoln?
B. List and explain five features of Representative Democracy.
A. Define the term, ‘constituted authority’.
B. Critically examine the three types of constituted authority.
A. Briefly give an account of the origin of cultism in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
B. Do you think there are consequences of cultism? Discuss fully.
A. What do you understand by the freedom of information (FOI) bill?
B. Why is a free press necessary?
C. State five activities of a free press in ensuring the survival of democracy in Nigeria.