CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Aims and Objectives of Apprenticeship I – Meaning (Types) of Apprenticeship (Primary 5)
TOPIC: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF APPRENTICESHIP
1. Aims and Objectives of Apprenticeship
2. Attitude Needed for Acquiring Apprenticeship Training
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. define apprenticeship.
2. list the aims and objective of apprenticeship.
3. state some attitudes needed for acquiring apprenticeship training.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Apprenticeship workshops (if close by)
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (APPRENTICESHIP)
Apprenticeship is a traditional system of training a person to learn an art, trade or job by experience under skilled or professional worker.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF APPRENTICESHIP
1. To equal the young ones with useful skills.
2. To build self confidence in the young ones.
3. To minimise cost and maximise profits.
4. To train the young ones who cannot cope with western education.
5. To train the school leavers.
ATTITUDES NEEDED FOR ACQUIRING APPRENTICESHIP
1. Hard work
3. Self discipline
4. Good communication skills
6. Good customer relations
7. Patience for quality production
10. Determination to succeed
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what apprenticeship is.
Pupil’s Activities – Defines apprenticeship.
3. State the aims and objectives of apprenticeship.
4. Leads pupils to understand the aims and objectives of Apprenticeship.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the aims and objectives of apprenticeship.
5. States and discusses some attitudes needed for acquiring apprenticeship training.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the definition of apprenticeship.
2. list any three aims and objective of apprenticeship.
3. state five (5) attitudes needed for acquiring apprenticeship training.