Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
- Lesson One – Concept of Trapezium and it properties.
- Lesson Two – Areas of Trapezium
- Lesson Three – Further Practice
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- cut out the shape of Trapezium.
- define and identify Trapezium.
- find the area of Trapezium.
A trapezium is a quadrilateral that has exactly one pair of parallel sides. Remember, a trapezium has only one pair of opposite sides to be parallel which clearly says it is not a parallelogram. The area of Trapezium is 1/2 base x height (i.e. 1/2 bh). It is important that pupils are familiar with the definitions of shapes and know their specific properties. The concept of Trapezium is needed for the pupils to understand and appreciate the shapes in design.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Cardboard paper
- Areas of rectangles
- Areas of triangles
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – CONCEPT OF TRAPEZIUM doc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – AREAS OF TRAPEZIUM doc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 –