PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC MOVEMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Basic Movements – Moving Our Body Parts – Walking, Running and Jumping Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Basic Science and Technology
TOPIC – MOVEMENTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Practical Demonstration of Basic Movements
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. demonstrate correct movement patterns of leaping, walking, stepping, hopping and running etc.
2. perform basic manipulative movements.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Balls, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
OUT FIELD ACTIVITIES
LESSON 2 – MEANING OF MOVEMENT
Movement means moving from one place to another.
Other basic movements are –
Hopping is the activities of moving by jumping with two feet or both at once.
Stepping is the activities of moving by putting one leg in front of running by walking or running.
Leaping is the activities of moving of large long jump.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the technique in movement;
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the techniques of leaping, hopping and stepping.
3. Demonstrates the movements, supervises the children and offers assistance.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice movements.
4. Demonstrates the basic manipulative movements, supervise the children and offers assistance.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice manipulative patterns.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Asks pupils to demonstrate basic movement skills correctly.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________ means moving from one place to another.
2. ________ is the activities of moving by jumping with two feet or both at once.
3. ________ is the activities of moving by putting one leg in front of running by walking or running.
4. ________ is the activities of moving of large long jump.