THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of the Kitchen and Dining Room | Weekly Assessment Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Home Economics
TOPIC – FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOUSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Care of the Bathroom and Toilet
3. Practical Cleaning of the Bathroom and Toilet
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. Identify various rooms in a house.
2. State how to keep the toilets clean daily.
3. Carry out daily cleaning of the house.
The pupils can identify and state the tools and equipments used for cleaning various rooms in a house or building.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of various functional rooms in a house.
2. A chart of different steps involved in a daily cleaning of various functional rooms in a house.
3. Brooms, ceiling brooms, duster, dust pan, refuse bin, flower in a small vase.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
A room is one of the separate parts of the inside of a house. Different rooms have different facilities based on their Uses. There are many rooms in a house which serves different purpose –
1. Sitting room
3. Dining room
5. Food store
A bathroom is a room in a house where people take their bath. Sometimes, it is called restroom. Some bathroom contains toilet facility.
CARE FOR THE BATHROOM
Caring for bathroom involves –
1. Daily and weekly cleaning
5. Using disinfectant
6. Flush immediately after dedicate and urinate
LESSON 2 – TOILET AS A FUNCTIONAL ROOM
A toilet is a room in a house where people defecate and urinate.
CARE FOR THE TOILETS
1. Airing of the toilets
3. Removing cobwebs
Some bathroom and toilet serve as a single room while in some cases, they are separated.
LESSON 3 – PRACTICAL CLEANING OF SCHOOL TOILETS
Organize the class into two or more groups for each group to clean the school toilets.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the steps involved in the daily care of toilet in a house.
Pupil’s Activities – State the steps involved in the daily care of toilet in a house.
3. Demonstrates daily cleaning of bathroom and toilet.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in daily and weekly cleaning of bathroom and toilet.
4. Summarize the lesson on the board.
Copy short notes on daily cleaning of rooms.
Ask pupils to:
1. state 4 ways of caring for the bathroom in the house.
2. state 4 ways of caring for the toilets in the house.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
A. ______ is a room in a house where people are welcome, sit and relax.
C. Sitting room
2. ______ is a room in a house where
3. ______ is a room in a house where people defecate and urinate.
C. A and B
4. ______ need good water system.
C. A and B
5. A single room served as the function of bathroom and toilet.
6. Good ventilation keeps our bathroom and kitchen from attracting germs and diseases.
7. There is no need to clean the bathroom daily.
8. Dirty bathroom attractive diseases and germs.
9. Cobweb is produced by spider.
10. Any kinds of water can be used for cleaning the bathroom.