Causes of Common Illnesses like Dysentery or Diarrhoea Primary 3 (Basic 3)
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Causes of Common Illnesses in the Community (Primary 3)
TOPIC – COMMON ILLNESS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Causes of Common Illnesses like Dysentery or Diarrhoea
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify causes of common Illnesses like dysentery or diarrhoea.
The pupils can identify illness like dysentery or diarrhoea.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of some causes of common illnesses.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing a person suffering from dysentery or diarrhoea for pupils to identify the kind of illness and ask them, what are the likely causes of this illness.
CAUSES OF COMMON ILLNESSES LIKE DYSENTERY OR DIARRHOEA
1. Dirty and dusty environment such the Kitchen, toilet, etc.
2. Polluted surroundings such as water.
4. Eating expire foods or drinks.
5. Poison food or drink.
6. Unclean environment attract flies.
Find out how to prevent dysentery or diarrhoea.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND LESSON EVALUATION
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses guided questions to find out the causes of common illnesses the pupils have suffered before.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Report findings to the class.
- In group assignment pupils discuss the causes of common illnesses dysentery or diarrhoea.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Prevention of Common Illnesses in the Community (Primary 3)
Ask pupils to:
identify two causes of common illness like dysentery or diarrhoea.