RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – WHY WE STUDY CIVIC EDUCATION (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the importance of Civic Education.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures on voters and political leaders.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Civic Education helps us to understand our societal values, and practise them, in order to have a better society.
IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION
1. Civic education helps to develop good citizens.
2. It makes us understand our society.
3. It produces citizens who are aware of their rights.
4. It produces citizens who know their responsibilities.
5. It teaches us how to make their society orderly, peaceful and stable.
6. It makes governance easy.
7. It teaches us about the programmes and policies of the government.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2.BGuides pupils to explain Civic Education.
Pupil’s Activities – explain Civic Education.
3. Guides pupils to discuss the importance of Civic Education.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the importance of Civic Education.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention 3 importance of Civic Education.