THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Materials Used for Care of the Body (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Ways of Caring for Each Parts of the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the reasons for taking care of the body.
2. list the materials used for cleaning the body.
3. state the ways of caring for each part of the body.
Parts of the Body
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Review the following topics,
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s review and participate in the lesson revision.
Teacher’s Activities – Call each of the body for the pupils to identify as mentioned. For example, head, hand, eyes, ear, mouth and legs for pupils to touch each part of their body mentioned.
CARE OF EACH PART OF THE BODY
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to care for each part of the body, working in groups.
- Wash your head with soap and water.
- Cut fingernails regularly.
- Wash your hands when dirty.
- Wash your hands before and after meals.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after toilet.
- Brush your teeth with toothbrush and toothpaste before meal in the morning.
- Brush your teeth with toothbrush and toothpaste afternoon meal at night.
- Avoiding reading on the road.
- Avoiding reading in a dull lightening environment.
- Do not put sharp objects into the ear or sit close to loudspeakers.
- Wash with water when dirty.
- Wear your shoes and clean socks.
- Wear slipper when going to the toilet.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to care for each part of the body, working in groups.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
demonstrate the use of the different body care materials –