Last Updated on November 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Parts of the Body (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons Daily Care of the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the reasons for taking care of the body.
Parts of the Body
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to demonstrate how to brush teeth, take a bath, etc. and why do we brush our teeth or taken bath. You can lead the demonstration and discuss the reasons for daily care of the body.
REASONS FOR DAILY CARE OF THE BODY
1. To look good and beautiful.
2. To maintain beautiful skin.
3. To prevent body odour.
4. To stay healthy.
5. To prevent skin diseases.
Note – Make use of different chart to support the above for reasons for daily care of the body.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss reasons for daily care of the body.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Demonstrate how to care for each part of the body, working in groups.
- State reasons for daily care of the body.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. identify the different body parts care materials.
2. demonstrate how to care for each part of the body.
3. mention 3 reasons for daily care of the body.