THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Personal Health | Roles of Good Health in Growth and Development Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
TOPIC – CLOTHES FOR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Clothes for Various Occasions
3. Identification of Clothes used for Various Occasions
4. Clothes for Various Tradition in Nigeria
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify clothes used for various occasions.
2. identify clothes worn by different people of Nigeria.
3. draw traditional clothes.
The pupils can identify different clothes wear for different occasions.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of people wearing clothes for different occasions.
2. Different articles of clothing e.g. school uniform, pyjamas and other uniforms.
3. Pictures of traditional clothes worn by people of Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart of pictures of people wearing clothes for different occasions for the pupils to identify and state the equivalent occasions.
Pupil’s Activities – This is school uniform, etc.
Teacher’s remarks – There are different clothes for different occasions. There are mainly for school, church, etc. Ask the pupils to describe clothes wear for the following occasions –
CLOTHES FOR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS
1. School –
2. Church/Mosque –
3. Bedtime –
4. Wedding –
5. Parties –
6. Parade –
7. Sports, etc.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND LESSON EVALUATION
Find out different tradition clothes in Nigeria.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display a chart of pictures of people wearing clothes for different occasions.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the different occasions from the pictures for which the clothes are used.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to identify dresses used in the following occasions church, mosque, parties, bed time, exercise, etc.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As in lesson evaluation.