THEME – PROTECTION ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Insects Found at Home (Primary 2)
TOPIC – FARM INSECTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Common Insects at Home
3. Draw a Butterfly
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify common farm insects.
Ants, butterfly, caterpillar, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart or sample common farm insects.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Harmful Farm Insects (Primary 2)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing common farm insects for the pupils identify. Sample of butterfly, bee, caterpillar, etc. will be preferable, if available.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and name the common farm insects.
Farm insects are insects found in the found.
COMMON FARM INSECTS
7. Tsetse fly
9. Praying mantis
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart or samples common insects at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe closely and identify Insects at home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Next Lesson –
- Week 11 – Diagram of House and Farm Insects – as state in introductory activities of week 9 and week 10.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. ________________ are little or small animals with wings and legs.
2. Insects have ________________ and ________________.
A. Hands and legs
B. Wings and legs
C. Mouth and teeth
3. Butterfly and bee are not common insects at home.
4. Butterfly and bees are farm insects.
5. ________________ are harmful insects and they can kill.
B. Tsetse fly
Mention 4 farm Insects.
10. Draw a cockroach.