PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 7 – CONTENT INSIDE FIRST AID BOX
WEEK 8 – MAKING FIRST AID BOX WITH CARDBOARD
WEEK 9 – USES OF CONTENT INSIDE FIRST AID BOX
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Objectives of First Aid (Primary 1)
TOPIC – CONTENT INSIDE THE FIRST AID BOX
1. Content Inside the First Aid Box
2. Uses of the Content Inside the First Aid Box
3. Making of First Aid Box
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list some contents first aid box.
2. state the uses of content inside the first aid box.
3. making first box.
4. demonstrate how a first aid work.
Iodine, scissors, spirit, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
First Aid Box.
Chart or pictures
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils, what is first aid? Open the first aid box for them to state the uses of each items inside the first a box.
MEANING OF FIRST AID BOX
First aid is the immediate care and support give to someone who is injured or sicked.
WEEK 7 – CONTENT OF FIRST AID BOX
There are the various items found in the first aid box or kit.
A basic first aid kit may contain –
1. First aid books
4. Cotton wool
6. Plaster of different sizes
7. Safety pins
8. Hand towel
9. Antiseptic (Dettol)
10. Cleansing agent/soap
11. Splint, etc.
WEEK 8 – TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – MAKING FIRST AID BOX
WEEK 9 – USES OF FIRST AID MATERIALS
Guides and lets the pupils to state the uses of each materials in first aid box.
PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF HOW TO USE FIRST AID BOX
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States the meaning of first aid.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning of first aid.
3. Presents a first aid box with its content and guides pupils to identify and state the uses the contents.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the uses of content of first aid box.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Making First Aid Box
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list, at least, three contents of a first aid box.
2. state the uses of each content of a first mentioned in question 1.
3. demonstrate how to use first box.
4. making first box.