Different Rooms in the Home – Functional Rooms in the Home Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
THEME – THE HOME
PREVIOUS LESSON – When to Wash our Body | What to do after Washing our Body Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE HOME
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Home
3. Functional Rooms in the Home
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what a home is.
2. list the number of functional rooms in their homes.
The pupils can identify different parts of the home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and charts showing functional rooms in the Home.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing different parts of a home for pupils to identify.
Pupil’s Responses – Sitting room, bedroom, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Home a house or apartment where people lives as a family. It has many rooms called functional rooms. Write on the board the rooms identified and mentioned by the pupils.
MEANING OF HOME
Home a house or apartment where people lives as a family.
FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOME – ROOMS IN THE HOME
Functional rooms are different rooms in the home and they are –
1. Sitting/Living room
2. Bedrooms – (Master and Visitor’s or Guest’s rooms)
3. Dining rooms
5. Toilets (Master’s and Visitor’s or Guest’s toilets)
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY TEST
Find out the uses and cares of sitting room as a functional room.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts or pictures of functional rooms in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify charts or pictures of functional rooms in the home.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Uses and Cares of Sitting Room as a Functional Room in the Home Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
Ask pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of home.
2. state the number of functional rooms they have in their homes.
1. ______________________ a house or apartment where people lives as a family.
2. There are ___________ functional rooms in the home.
Name 3 functional rooms in the home.