COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – MICROSOFT PAINT
PREVIOUS LESSON – COPY, CUT AND PASTE, SAVE AND PRINT DOCUMENTS (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC – IDENTIFICATION OF DRAWING PACKAGES
1. Microsoft Paint
2. Corel Draw
3. Adobe Photoshop
4. Instant Artist introduction to Microsoft paint
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify computer drawing packages.
2. Lists component of the paint environment.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a functional computer system with Paint Artist software (or Corel Draw) installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Computer users draw, paint and design using various drawing packages. These packages are called graphical applications.
Examples of graphical application packages are:
Microsoft Paint, also known as Paint, is a simple program that allows users to create basic graphic art on a computer.
Corel draw is also as graphic editor. It enables the users to edit graphics and provide many features such as contrast adjustment, colour balancing, adding special effects, etc.
Adobe Photoshop is used for editing photos or images.
A graphic artist is a person who specializes in designing computer graphics.
COMPONENTS OF MICROSOFT PAINT ENVIRONMENT
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides class to identify drawing packages in the system.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the drawing packages in the system.
3. Guides pupils to explore the paint environment and identify its components,
Pupil’s Activities – Open the drawing packages in the system.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention one computer drawing package.
- identify each tools in Microsoft Paint Environment.