RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of Security Agencies – Nigerian Prison Service (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
1. Identification of Security Agencies – Civic Defense Crops
2. Duties of Civic Defense Crops
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies(Civic Defense Crops) and their primary duties.
Civic Defense Crops
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing Civic Defense Crops.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DESCRIPTION OF CIVIC DEFENSE CROPS UNIFORMS
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils describing the uniforms of Civic Defense Corps.
Teacher’s remark – The security agency on the chart is called Civic Defense Corps.
DUTIES OF CIVIC DEFENSE CROPS
1. To maintain peace and order.
2. To protect and recuse people during emergency.
3. To recommend the minister on the registration of private guards companies.
4. To inspect the activities of private guards companies.
5. To provide and manage shelters for people during emergency.
6. To assist federal and state fire services in fighting fire operations.
7. To assist in distribution emergency supplies, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of Civic Defense Crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of Civic Defense Crops.
3. Organise excursion visits to the nearest Civic Defense Crops within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the nearest Civic Defense Crops office within their environment.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe Civic Defense Crops.
2. state 5 duties of Civic Defense Crops.